mine

Thursday, July 19, 2012

whos the fairest of them all?

Mirror, mirror



I read this article today and I couldn’t believe how much information I gained about how we perceive ourselves in the mirror and why we perceive ourselves in this way. It made me think about how if women are dissatisfied with their appearance then what kind of message does that send to their children. The media portrays what they feel is perfection and then we tried to abide by that standard and face a constant struggle of trying to amount to this standard. Adolescents are so influenced by media but so are adults and because of this the negativity associated with our appearance and can be passed down to our children and they too can become obsessed with the idea of perfection that they see in the media and because they see it occurring at home as well. I never really thought of it this way but I am glad I read this article because it put a lot of things in perspective, so please take a look at it yourself and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment